Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [eclipse-dev] Reminder: Photon (4.8) M6 is API Freeze

Hi Mickael

I would wait until the API is consumed and proven. The PMC usually approves new APIs. but might reject changes.


From:        Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "General development mailing list of the Eclipse project." <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:        "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        08.02.2018 16:12
Subject:        Re: [eclipse-dev] Reminder: Photon (4.8) M6 is API Freeze
Sent by:        eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Dani,

I'm working on a change (parallel builds) which at some point would require an API: mostly a couple of preference symbol definitions and a couple of getter/setters in WorkspaceDescription. However, I'm not 100% confident that this [initially opt-in] feature can be fully part of M6.
What is the best way to proceed in such case? Should I already prepare a Gerrit patch with the API additions and try to get it in by M6 even if it's not used right away, or is it better to delay it and discuss it later with PMC?

eclipse-dev mailing list
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit

Back to the top