Re: [eclipse-dev] [platform-releng-dev] Folding the CBI work into the Eclipse project git repositories

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 4:00 AM, Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am confused by this approach. Why should we consider to touch the maintenance (very stable) streams before we have applied and tried them on 'master' and we have CBI working on master / 4.3?

Partly because that's what we asked the CBI team to focus on, because that gave us the greatest amount of stability to compare against, and partly because (as Mike M mentioned) we were planning on delivering Juno SR2 based on CBI.  This isn't an experiment, this is work that needs to be delivered in Juno SR2.  The CBI team has taken it as far as they can in their forked repositories, but it's time to pull that work back into our canonical repos and help them finish this up (or have them help us finish this up, depending on your point of view).

The work will continue on in 3.8.2, 4.2.2, and Kepler after this (certainly over the new week while Thanh helps us with the code sprint).

Later,
PW

--
Paul Webster