[eclipse-dev] inane Eclipse question

I've been using Eclipse now for a while for my Java development on the
Windows platform with no issues - really happy with the environment. Just
today I added a new hard disk expressly for data, and moved all of my
external jar files and their associated directories to that new hard disk.
After fixing a number of out of joint external jar links, I am left with one
problem. I have one project which is my base set of tools, and that project
is included into a number of other projects. The base project has a
dependency on an external jar which was broken, now fixed - the project
builds with no trouble. The other projects that are dependant on the base
tool project however are now no longer building, complaining that there's an
error in the classpath. The specific errors are as follows:
Error: The project was not built since its classpath is incomplete. Cannot
find the class file for netscape.ldap.LDAPConnection. Fix the classpath then
try rebuilding this project.
Error: This compilation unit indirectly references the missing type
netscape.ldap.LDAPConnection (typically some required class file is
referencing a type outside the classpath)	SubscriptionHandler.java
CAM/com/wetwebmedia/camag/util	line 0

Now again, the root dependence has been fixed, but I can't for the life of
me fix this error - these projects were all compiling fine until I moved the
jars to the new hard disk. Is there a way I can force Eclipse to re-examine
these classes, or some cached data directory that is now broken because I
moved the jars to a new hard disk?

Any help/hints would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

J --

Back to the top