Re: [eclipse-dev] Install/Update API

Dejan,

I have a question about the extensibility of the update mechanism within Eclipse. I would like to extend the Eclipse mechanism to allow me to install not only Eclipse plug-ins and features, but also standalone tools, installed in a directory outside of the //eclipse directory.

Is this something that we can do using the Eclipse install/update mechanism? Perhaps there are plug-ins that we can do specifically within Install and Update?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Phillip