Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse 3.0 stream builds now compiled, tested with JDK 1.4

These are the defaults of other 1.4 compilers as well. We just aligned on
them. The Eclipse 1.4 defaults as presented in the preferences weren't
consistent, and there is a request for having these realign as well.

|         |           "Mike Dickson"    |
|         |           <mike.dickson@eart|
|         |           hlink.net>        |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           eclipse-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org       |
|         |           09/13/2003 07:20  |
|         |           PM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           eclipse-dev       |
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                                                    |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse 3.0 stream builds now compiled, tested with JDK 1.4                |

Just curious.  If a 1.4 VM is required to run as I thought I saw in another
post.  Why not just use the 1.4 default settings?  What is the benefit of
the 1.2 compatability?  I'd guess assert as an identifier set to "error"
might cause problems but the rest of the default settings look like they'd
pose no problems.

Mike