Re: [eclipse-dev] Cannot start eclipse!

I (and a couple of other people I know) have not had much luck using Sun's JVM for Eclipse on Linux. When I ran into similar problems I was told to try the IBM JVM, which I did and now all works well. You might try to find the IBM rpm named "IBMJava2-JRE-1.3.1-3.0.i386.rpm", which is what I am using now, install it and give it a try.

Michael Herber wrote:

Still doesn't work. The splashscreen stays the same, but adding -classpath /home/user/tars/pro/eclipse/./startup.jar
And I swear I did install the newest Java SDK available on Sun's site.