Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse on Linux-Alpha

Gnana,

Alpha runs 64-bit, no?  Currently SWT/Eclipse only runs on 32-bit
platforms.  In order to support Solaris & Alpha, SWT is going to have to
convert to 64-bit some time, but I don't know of a schedule.

jkca

                      Gnanasekaran
                      Thoppae                    To:      eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      <gnana@xxxxxx>             cc:
                      Sent by:                   Subject: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse on Linux-Alpha
                      eclipse-dev-admin@
                      eclipse.org

                      10/23/2002 05:42
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      eclipse-dev

Hello,

Thanks for this impressive, fast running Java IDE.

I tried compiling Eclipse 2.0.1 from source with Compaq JDK 1.3.1 on
Debian GNU/Linux and the build was successful, but the target 'linux'
created 32-bit binary. GTK is available for linux alpha and I hope there
would not be major problems porting to linux alpha.  If there is efforts
going on in this direction, please let me know.

-gnana