RE: [eclipse-dev] MacPort Launch Problems

> From: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Andre Weinand
> What version of Eclipse are you using?
> The official one from the download page?
> The 'stable' build M1 should just run fine.

> This shouldn't be an issue in recent builds.
> The option -noupdate in info.plist fixes that.
> If not, your are probably using an old build.

I checked the info.plist for the -noupdate argument and it's there and I am
running the 20020920 build. Which is the most recent "Current Stable Build".

I've been rather excited and watching the development of the Mac Port
closely ever since I've been using Eclipse on Windows. I don't mind using a
buggy version of something assuming it's marginally useable but I've not
been able to launch it successfully.

I have the Apple Developer Tools on my machine and I've downloaded the
source a couple of times with the idea of seeing if I could just build the
project but it's never successful. I'm sure it's probably in the SWT where
I'm not appreciating some of the setup issues.

The SWT doesn't do anything unsual with graphics acceleration or anything
does it? The older ibooks have different ATI cards than most Apple Machines
and aren't supported by 10.2's native acceleration (as far as I'm aware
there are no development hinderances. It just doesn't get the acceleration
benefits). Does the native aspect of the SWT require some sort of library
installation?

Jeremy

Back to the top