Re: [eclipse-dev] Java editor keyboard bindings in Eclipse

why can't I use especial portuguese characters in GTK version?

John Arthorne wrote:
Comment/uncomment: Ctrl-/ and Ctrl-\ work.
Jump to declaration: F3 (or F4 to open in type hierarchy view)
Add bookmark: Ctrl-W, k
Delete word: please enter a feature request

Adjustable key bindings is in the plan for release 2.1.  You can view the
plans here:

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/main.html

Hello!

      I was wondering about more keyboard support in Eclipse, as it is
      very limited, comparing to other IDEs such as JBuilder and
      Visual Studio.

      For example setting bookmarks and jumping to them with keyboard,
      commenting/uncommenting with keyboard (CTRL-/), jumping to
declaration of
      identifier by keyboard (CTRL-ENTER) or even simple generic
      editor commands like CTRL-BACKSPACE (delete one word) is missing
      from Eclipse and there is no way to bind it by user.

      Also there is no way to rebind already existing declarations or
      bind keyboard shortcuts to menu items.

      What are the plans to for these features and schedule of
      implementing them?

--
Best regards,
Software Engineer, Dukascopy.com