[eclipse-dev] newbie-type question: classpath/library

Title: newbie-type question: classpath/library

This is probably not the proper context for this question, but I believe my company
firewall prohibits other means.

Problem Definition: The eclipse platform is not able to find the library org.eclipse.swt, it can however find the library java.math

The example application follows:

import org.eclipse.swt.*; //this stmt not recognized
import java.math.*;
public class HelloWorld {
                System.out.println("Hello World2");
        }
}

I was able to have Borland JBuilder6 recognize the swt library.

I assumed that the eclipse project would have put in place paths to
the swt library.  I subsequently set the classpath to include
c:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.swt.win32_2.0.0\ws\win32\swt.jar
this did not resolve the problem.  JBuilder6 was able to confirm that this jar
does contain the library in question.
Previously, I had tried to add the swt as a pluggin after frustration set in.

The effort was performed on a 1.7GHz Intel processor running Windows NT4.00.1381 sp6,
using the java 2 IBM Standard Edition Classic VM (build 1.3.0) as the JDK.
Both the IBM JDK and eclipse project files were downloaded 2002 July 08.

Thanks for your patience.

Back to the top