[eclipse-dev] Eclipse Implementation Question

Title: Message
I'm new to the list, and had  quick question to the developers about their philosophy behinds its implementation. Mostly I'm curious about the reason for the native implementations for all the seemingly complex components (SWT for example). Was this because you couldn't get the performance you wanted out of Java no matter what, or was it to make Eclipse a more *native* app and play nicer under the platforms it supports?

At any rate, I was a Netbeans junkie until I found Eclipse, I absolutely love it. I am a little sad that I can't get some of the features you have with pure java (such as real-time window resizing, instead of that drag, drop, and watch draw beahvior in java).

Nice work!
-Riyad

Back to the top