[ecf-dev] ECF 3.14.8

Hi Folks,

For the 06-2020 simultaneous release, ECF is going to release 3.14.8.   There is currently a staging repo here [1].

I've tested the karaf features in this staging repo and they seem to be fine.   Please do some installs into recent versions of Eclipse and report any issues.

Mat would you please let me know when you are ready for the final build/deploy of 3.14.8?  I will then update the download and other web pages, as well as the marketplace version.

For everyone's awareness, there are a number of new additions to the ECF github repo...including a new distribution provider built on gRPC (Google's rpc/protocol buffers) [2], an improved JaxRS-based distribution provider based upon Jersey [3], both a discovery and distribution provider based upon Hazelcast [4], and a distribution provider based upon Apache Dubbo [5].   Also support for bndtools-based bundle development has been enhanced significantly [6].

Scott

[1] https://download.eclipse.org/rt/ecf/staging/site.p2/

[2] https://github.com/ECF/grpc-RemoteServicesProvider

[3] https://github.com/ECF/JaxRSProviders