Re: [ecf-dev] ECF project and Tycho

----- Original Message -----

Well AFAIK, every committer to a project is supposed to have access to LTS shared code repo for the project if the project is added to the program. My personal take on LTS is that the program is still taking shape but in order
to show it's potential it needs some consistency and providing the full stack in predictable way (the reason for this mail). How successful it can or will be is an open question. I still try to find my way in it and fill the gaps that overlap with other things that we are involved in.

> > * stigmatization of build procedures - Tycho has become the de-facto
> > standard in Eclipse land and having Tycho build system eases the life
> > of adopters significantly as there is only one build system to deal
> > with for people always building from source or doing their own
> > aggregation builds for products.
>

> I guess I know who that group is that benefits from a unified build
> system and has a requirement to build from source. ;-)

Well, first part (what you think of?) is visible from my signature so there is nothing to hide - We look for collaboration. Second part is that as someone involved in Eclipse platform - being able to provide additional(separate) aggregator build that can build ecf together with everything else verifying in one go that a change (e.g. migrating to newer apache httpcomponents version) becomes a possibility if both parts use same build system while in the current case it would be too much effort which would alleviate the benefits. Last, but not least - the conversion(if any?) would have to happen in the most beneficial way for ecf project, so I appreciate that there is someone looking at it.

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team