Re: [ecf-dev] ECF project and Tycho

On 05.11.2014 13:48, Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
> First few I think of are: * being requirement for having ECF being
> part of Eclipse Foundation Long Term Support program -
> https://lts.eclipse.org/content/criteria-being-lts-ready

So far we haven't discussed the advantages LTS provides to ECF (see
Scott's earlier email).

Btw. AFAICT the ECF committers do not even have access to LTS due to ECF
being a project driven by individuals only.

> * stigmatization of build procedures - Tycho has become the de-facto
> standard in Eclipse land and having Tycho build system eases the life
> of adopters significantly as there is only one build system to deal
> with for people always building from source or doing their own
> aggregation builds for products.

I guess I know who that group is that benefits from a unified build
system and has a requirement to build from source. ;-)

M.

Back to the top