[ecf-dev] Gsoc Project (Tooling Support for OSGI Remote Services) - final functionality

Hi Folks,

According to the Google Summer of code time line this program suppose to end by this week so i suggested to just finish up with documentation and last minor fixes the rest of the time.

I am very pleased to announce that we manage to implement 4 descent templates for the user to understand the process of creating the remote services and register them with different service providers.

to give you a quick overview, now its possible to
  • create remote service using Time service sample project via low level api
  • register that remote service using ecf generic service provider or R_osgi provider
  • consume that service with service consumer
  • configure different service properties of each service provider(generic and r_osgi) as a wish of the user.
  • define and consume remote service via declarative services using same sample project (time service project)
The code is currently on my private github page[1].

also still its possible to add more templates for this project. and possible next steps of this project would be adding more templates(possibly a raspberry pie template) and start working on the end point descriptor. this steps would be started right after the end of the Google summer of code program.

As I will still continue to work on this project after Google Summer of Code feel free to voice feedback and wishes or ideas here.

[1]. https://github.com/Sakith/GsocTooling

Thanks,

Best Regards,
Sakith.

--
Sakith Indula,
Depatrment of Computing and Information Systems,

Back to the top