[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ecf-dev] Service setup for integration testing remote service
- From: Peter Hermsdorf <peter.hermsdorf@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 15:36:43 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.6.0
I'm setting up integration tests for my remote service with maven/tycho.
This was all in all surprisingly easy(at first) with
tycho-surefire-plugin und defining a dependency to my server.feature
which includes jetty and my remote service implementation:
Tests running fine, but after a little debugging i realized that the
"remote service" is locally registered by equinox DS, because client and
server bundles running i the same osgi environment. Even with
ecf.distribution bundles auto started it does not seems to export the
service as remote service.
On one hand this is fine, but for detecting eg. Serializable and other
transport related problems it seems not the right way for integration tests.
Are there any ideas how to get that properly setup?
1) is there anything that can be done to get the service
discovered/distributed via ECF even run in the same VM?
2) are there any example projects using maven/tycho-surefire and equinox
DS for setting up an integration test environment? I haven't found
anything like that in ecf tests ...
(that means, starting the server component and using that in a 'mvn
test' run without registering servers / clients programmatically in the
3) other options to do automatic integration testing?
While looking for a solution for this kind of problem, i stumbled across
http://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF/RS_Test_Framework. Is there anything usable
that could help setup integration tests?
Thanks in advance!