Re: [ecf-dev] ECF Feature Restructuring

On 12/9/2013 9:18 AM, Wim Jongman wrote:
Why are we filing this bug again? Because we want to have o.e.e.ssl in the org.eclipse.ecf feature?

With TrustEngine in the Equinox supplemental, this would be possible. Without it in the supplemental we don't have choice...because in order to run on Felix or other framework we have to have the *.ssl fragments (which are dependent upon TrustEngine) in separate features.

Should we depend on the equinox quys to restructure their software so that we can restructure ours? I would just go ahead with what can can do ourselves and refactor the equinox dependent bundles into "optional" features.

We can/should proceed with what we can do on our feature restructuring. But it would still be better for us (and our consumers) to be *able* to use the *.ssl fragments on non-Equinox frameworks if they so choose. As Equinox is now, that's not possible.

Scott

Back to the top