Re: [ecf-dev] ECF Feature Restructuring

Ok thanks. And the org.eclipse.osgi.xxx bundle used by ssl cannot be added to that mix?

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 9:50 PM, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/7/2013 12:21 PM, Wim Jongman wrote:
There are equinox references all over the place. What equinox bundles run in e.g. Felix and which ones do not? Didn't M. create a Felix ECF installation with PAXRunner a while ago?

Yes, he did.  Here's the ECF4Felix info (this was for pax runner):

https://github.com/ECF/ECF4Felix

As it says here, this has been superseded by the karaf-compatible features as described here

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ecf-dev/msg06391.html

Here's the necessary set for OSGi remote services specifically...Markus probably has this common set distinctly defined somewhere...i.e. separate from the karaf features...but he will have to explain where that is/how to access that common set definition:

http://download.ecf-project.org/repo/C-HEAD-osgi.services.feature/lastSuccessful/archive/site.p2/karaf-features.xml

The summary answer to your question about equinox bundles necessary to run in Felix is:

o.eclipse.equinox.supplement
org.eclipse.equinox.common
o.e.e.registry
o.e.e.concurrent
o.eclipse.core.jobs
org.eclipse.osgi.services (OSGi services declarations...e.g. EventAdmin, LogService)
org.eclipse.equinox.event (Equinox EventAdmin...I believe Felix's EventAdmin could now be used but haven't tested)
o.e.e.log (Equinox's LogService implementation...I don't believe this LogService impl is strictly required)

All of these run fine on Felix (older versions of Felix were missing an xml parser required by the registry bundle, but I believe that Felix now has the required xml parser impl by default).

Scott