Re: [ecf-dev] [Gsoc][ECF Tooling]-Generate codes for Service Registration & Service Client

On 08/20/2013 04:04 PM, Salinda Jayawardana wrote:
> Service client Codes -
>
>   * I am thinking to add a separate menu item (Generate r-osgi client)
>     into right click menu.

Hi Salinda,

r-OSGi is just another implementation of a distribution provider ECF
ships with. Thus, your approach will eventually require a menu item for
each existing distribution provider implementation. This obviously does
not scale. Let alone that consumers are free to implement their own
distribution providers (which also won't show up).
Ignore this for a moment though and think about differences in the code
generated. It only differs in a single string and this string is
configuration anyway.
Generally a distribution provider implementation is chosen by the user
at deployment time (configuration) and not at development time.

>   * Once user click the on this menu , A Wizard will be appeared.
>   * In the Wizard user can give Service URL and Interface name

Again, a Service URL is either configuration (see above) or discovered
at runtime (see ECF discovery). Think about it, do you really want to
recompile your code every time a service moves from host A to host B?

M.

Back to the top