Re: [ecf-dev] How could I setup DistributedEventAdmin using DS ?

On 09/08/11 12:00, Scott Lewis wrote:
Hi Christiano,
Hi Scott,
On 8/9/2011 5:46 AM, Cristiano Gavião wrote:
Hi guys,

Could someone point me how could I setup DistributedEventAdmin using DS ?

No example currently exists. Since some of the DistributedEventAdmin setup currently requires java code it would involve some combination of DS markup and java code.

So let me dig into this :)
I'm creating a example based on hello... If you wanted I could sent you after I've done the challenge... but I need some directions here...

I know now that I can't use DistributedEventAdmin as DS component because it doesn't have a default constructor...

Reading event example, I conclude that I need to get a reference to IContainerManager, get the ID of the container, then get the IContainer, adapt it to ISharedObjectContainer and then add the DistributedEventAdmin object on it. Am I right?

I could get the reference of IContainerManager using DS, but containerManager.getAllContainers() shows me any container... and I don't know how to create the ID of container either...

So I couldn't figure out a way to get a reference to IContainer in the activate method of HelloComponent... could you give a tip how do that?

thanks

Another doubt is, once that I already have setup a remote service using DS (as the hello example below), could I reuse the created container with the DistributedEventAdmin too ?:

Yes.

Scott