Re: [ecf-dev] [salvo] Accessing Eclipse Bugzilla using XML-RPC

Hi,

Salvo does not require it. As part of the "aware workbench" concept we want to be able to create an eclipse account right from the workbench instead of jumping thru many hoops. I think a plug-in that has the capability to register an eclipse account is good stuff.

Regards,

Wim

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Markus Alexander Kuppe <ecf-dev_eclipse.org@lemmster.de> wrote:
On 05/25/2011 05:43 PM, Isuru Udana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For the requirement “Enable a way for people to create an eclipse user
> id within the workbench” [1], I tried to use the Bugzilla Web Service
> API [2] to access the Eclipse Bugzilla using Apache XML-RPC.
>
> But I am getting the following error.
>
> /Failed to parse server's response: The declaration for the entity
> "HTML.Version" must end with '>'/
>
> The server URL I used is *https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/xmlrpc.cgi*
>
> But for the Mozilla Bugzilla I got success by using the same mechanism.
> I am not sure why I couldn't connect to eclipse bugzilla.
>
> While investigating further I found a bug which may relevant to this
> issue [3].

Why does Salvo require a valid Eclipse.org Bugzilla ID anyway? You just
request a separate password [0].

Markus

[0] http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/register.php