Re: [ecf-dev] ECF 3.5.1 and no conference call today (4/4/2011)

+1

-----Original Message-----
From: ecf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ecf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Scott Lewis
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 6:50 PM
To: Eclipse Communication Framework (ECF) developer mailing list.
Subject: [ecf-dev] ECF 3.5.1 and no conference call today (4/4/2011)

Hi Folks,

No conference call today (4/4/2011), as I can't make it.

In lieu of a call, however, I want to bring up for mailing list discussion
the following:  when to have the next *maintenance*/bug fix release of ECF
(3.5.1)?

It seems unlikely to me that we will be able to do a *minor* release
(3.6) for Indigo...as resources are too low...minor releases require release
review, ip log review, etc., etc.  However, I think that one or more
*maintenance* releases (3.5.1) would be useful as there already have been
some bugs found/fixed.

I propose that we have a maintenance release (3.5.1) sometime between now
and Indigo release day (~June 28).  The question is when?  With our
wonderful builder, maintenance releases can be done pretty easily and
quickly...no review, etc.  and so it's even possible that we would have more
than one before Indigo.  Opinions?  Views?  Thoughts?

My current inclination is to have a 3.5.1 release near the end of May.

Scott