Re: [ecf-dev] ISharedObjectObjectContainer problem client side - SharedObjects not found

Scott.

Yes, I will definitely tell the world about ECF. In fact my target
platform is Felix, so I guess you may be hearing from me on the issue
of dependencies, and I would like to return some documentation to the
project in this area in due course.

Ultimately I am trying to use DistributedEventAdmin in the form I
guess it was ultimately designed for. I would like calls to
EventAdmin.postEvent() on the server to be received by EventHandlers
registered in the OSGI frameworks of a number of clients.

What I guess I can't work out from the examples is the correct way to
get the proxy to end up  registered on the client side, ready to drive
messages to the EventHandlers. I thought that I should create an
ecf.generic.client container on the client, then connect it to the URI
of the server. I was thinking of casting to an ISharedObjectContainer,
getting the ISharedObjectManager, then getting the EventAdmin proxy,
and registering that in the client BundleContext.

How does that sound?

Robert