Re: [ecf-dev] ECF build v2 -- Build easier

Hi All,

Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
<stuff deleted>

To follow up on the discussion we had during the conf call with regards
to signing, we might wanna consider moving our build infrastructure over
to the common builder (Hudson server running at build.eclipse.org) [1].
One thing I'm not sure of though, is if we would be allowed to build OSU
code at build.eclipse.org.

No, we can't do that (build OSU osl code at build.eclipse.org). We could run our dev.eclipse.org build via the hudson server running at build.eclipse.org if we choose (is the Athena project managing that, or ??)

2) Setup/refactor the features so that we can build
   a) weekly platform integration builds (i.e. filetransfer and ECF core)
   b) auto, daily, integration and release builds (on-demand for
release...others can be automated)

IMO it makes sense to move all bundles included by platform into their
own feature.

I've created and committed a new feature: org.eclipse.ecf.platform-feature in org.eclipse.ecf/releng/features/org.eclipse.ecf.platform-feature.

No map file yet and it will likely need a little massaging, but it's a start in this direction.

This bundle gets build e.g. on Monday each week for
integration with platform. The remainder of ECF would then be structured
into a single bundle or bundles organized by functionality (discovery,
remote services, cola, ...). The build would be done on a weekday after
Monday and be based on the Monday's build artifacts.

Yes.

We should still run nightly/ci builds though for the whole code base to
validate check-ins/run smoke tests. The emphasis here is on quick
feedback for the committer.

Yes.

3) Add a builder for the features/bundles at OSU OSL (including
JMS/ActiveMQ, Yahoo provider, TweetHub (product), and perhaps other
things...e.g. SOC student work)

How do the requirements look like for TweetHub? Do you want/need RCP's
for each platform?

Yes, this will be desirable (to have tweethub products created for each platform).

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top