Re: [ecf-dev] Google Summer Of Code ideas

Hi Marek,

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Marek Zawirski
<marek.zawirski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  1) Mylyn integration
>  I'm asking really nicely Remy, is it possible at all? :) If not I'm just
>  leaving you list of some ideas (possibly stupid as I'm not experienced
>  user of Mylyn).

Actually, I don't use Mylyn myself either, so I'm not a very good
mentor candidate for this project. I also didn't really plan on
mentoring any projects this year to be honest. At least, I certainly
am not planning on mentoring any projects alone.

>  I'd appreciate your comments:) Things that I'm especially wondering are
>  they possible:
>  - is it possible to make SWT "secondary" output to some user-provided
>  framebuffer class, register some redrawing listener for a whole desktop,
>  even when non-SWT window is focused?
>  - is it possible to grab mouse/keyboard input from other windows, even
>  when non-SWT window is focused?

I think either one or both of the above is possible by adding the
appropriate listeners and filters on the parent Display.

Regards,
Rem

Back to the top