[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ecf-dev] Sudoku on eRCP!
- From: Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:43:32 -0800
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (Windows/20070221)
See below for some really cool eRCP work.
I tried to send the email below to ecf-dev but it didn't get through
for some reasons. I did not receive failure notification from wayne's
email or from dsdp-ercp-dev though. Can you help me send it to
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Remy Chi Jian Suen <remy.suen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Apr 26, 2007 2:44 PM
Subject: Sudoku on eRCP!
To: "Eclipse Communication Framework (ECF) developer mailing list."
After having hacked on Wayne and Chris's work on the Sudoku plug-in, I
have managed to get the code running on my iPAQ. Note that this code
is currently not online anywhere since there were some casualties to
This list is not comprehensive:
1. Wayne's code had to be un-Java-5-ed.
2. eRCP does not bundle LogService (the org.eclipse.osgi.services is
missing), some commenting work had to be done in ECF's code.
3. Alpha transparency doesn't work on WM2003/2005, so I just drew a
pink colour instead of drawing a "transparent red colour".
4. Import-Package failed me (for whatever reasons), so I had to drop
some xml stuff in ECF's org.eclipse.ecf.provider bundle.
In true cross-platform spirit, you can see in sudoku-win32.jpg that
both my machine and the iPAQ is running _identical_ code. In
sudoku-linux.jpg, the sudoku app being displayed in question is the
original RCP application (since there is no gtk+ wrapping of eSWT).
There are still some glitches (such as this infinite loop thingy where
the updates of the cells keeps going back and forth so you see the
numbers flip between '1' and '2' repeatedly), but you get the idea. :)