This is great information, but the problem
that I am having is that I am being told that the org.eclipse.ecf.discovery
package does not even exist. It has not been renamed?
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - 2007
Computer Science Major
WICS (Women in Computer Science) President
Behalf Of Scott Lewis
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006
To: Eclipse Communication
Framework (ECF) developer mailing list.
Subject: Re: [ecf-dev] Refactoring
of new release
Edlund, Kerri L wrote:
I have a couple of the plug-ins, namely
org.eclipse.ecf.example.collab and org.eclipse.ecf.ui that I extracted from the
source code prior to the most recent update. I have made changes to this
code and therefore do not wish to directly update my extracted code with the
plug-ins from the new release. However, I am running into some problems
since some refactoring has taken place. I was hoping that someone could
point me in the right direction of fixing up my code so that there are no more
errors and it works with the latest release. I have listed below the
items which are causing the errors.
= new TreeParent(null,"",null);
- The constructor DiscoveryView.TreeParent(null, String,
null) is undefined
- The method getServiceInfo() is undefined for the type DiscoveryView.TreeParent
It seems that the errors are due to packages that no
longer exist but I cannot find where the functionality was moved to or what
refactoring was done.
I haven't yet completed the documentation on the refactoring. I'm working
on it as we speak. The document under construction is available here:
I'm working on it right now, and there's a lot to do before it's done.
For the problem you list above, I suspect that the issues are:
1) IDiscoveryContainer changed names to IDiscoveryContainerAdapter (as did all
top-level interfaces that are intended to be used as argument for
IContainer.getAdapter(IDiscoveryContainerAdapter.class)). This is a new
convention for all the ECF extension APIs (e.g. discovery, datashare,
filetransfer, etc), that the top-level adapter interface has name:
2) The ServiceID class moved from org.eclipse.ecf.core.identity to
org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.identity. I think this is what is causing the
error you list above for the constructor is undefined.
I'll be working on further additions to the documentation over the next couple
of days. But please feel free to post questions about the changes here to
ecf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx as well and I'll
answer them directly as I put further notes in the 0.9.3 new and noteworthy.