[e4-dev] Eclipse Matttermost instance and 'Platform' channels

Hi everybody.

We’ve been running a Mattermost instance for a couple of weeks.  Mattermost is like IRC but pretty, and with more functional bots, file sharing, markdown, and integrations; it’s an open-source Slack-like system.  It’s being run as an experiment to see if the community find it useful.

I’ve set up some channels for Platform-related discussion:

  • Platform
  • Platform Q&A
  • Platform Patches
  • Platform Bugs

Cedric Brun has very helpfully set up some integrations to pipe in bug reports, forum posts, and gerrit patches into the various channels.  It’s very broad-brush at the moment, but we can create more channels as we like, and close channels down as we like too.

You can access the Mattermost instance at

Currently you need to create a separate account, until the webmaster team finishes setting up an OAuth provider.  There are also some standalone clients for Windows, Linux, and OS X.

Give it a whirl!  You’ll see there are two other channels, ‘Town Hall’, that everybody is subscribed to, and ‘Mattermost’ for discussing questions about this Mattermost installation.

Brian.

Back to the top