Re: [e4-dev] Adding Command Contribution Items to a editor/view Tab popup menu

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Andrey Loskutov <loskutov@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 18:00:07 +0200, Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I didn't think that menu was open to contributions in 3.x.

StackPresentation had this API where one could hook custom actions:

/**
 * Instructs the presentation to display the system menu
 */
public abstract void showSystemMenu();

That's replacing the presentation in 3.x, not simply extending the menu.  The Eclipse 4.2 equivalent to implementing a presentation would be replacing the renderers, like StackRenderer, and providing new CSS.

That being said,  the StackRenderer is currently providing that menu. It's not open to extension at the moment.

It would be nice to allow 3rd party to extend the menu. I have no way right now to port parts of the Extended VS Presentation plugin functionality on 4.2 without this (see attached picture for an example menu I offered on 3.x). Is there a bug for it? Should I open one?

I think it's worth a bug.  Maybe we can model the stack menu and so allow contributions to it without having to replace the entire renderer.

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR