Re: [e4-dev] Adding Command Contribution Items to a editor/view Tab popup menu

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 18:00:07 +0200, Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I didn't think that menu was open to contributions in 3.x.

StackPresentation had this API where one could hook custom actions:

/**
 * Instructs the presentation to display the system menu
 */
public abstract void showSystemMenu();

That being said, the StackRenderer is currently providing that menu. It's not open to extension at the moment.

It would be nice to allow 3rd party to extend the menu. I have no way right now to port parts of the Extended VS Presentation plugin functionality on 4.2 without this (see attached picture for an example menu I offered on 3.x). Is there a bug for it? Should I open one?

--
Kind regards,
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

+Andrey: http://plus.google.com/u/0/113794713998126448910