Re: [e4-dev] What not to do for demos

Ouch ! This is a part of the general philosophy though; you should be allowed to put the model into any valid shape. It's up to the application to ensure that unwanted (but valid) states are handled correctly so this is where any 'safety' code should go.

Note that the shape that Brian ended up in may well be *desired* in certain cases (which was what lead to the enhancement request) so we have to make sure we don't add restrictions at too deep a level....

Eric

From: Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/16/2012 07:07 AM
Subject: Re: [e4-dev] What not to do for demos
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Brian de Alwis <briandealwis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

…which caused Eclipse to exit.  And, since it exited cleanly, the toBeRendered = false was written out to my deltas.xml, and I couldn't just restart from that workspace! (without 'rm .../.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench/deltas.xml').

But the audience was impressed at the power available through the model ;)

Impressive :-)  But maybe we should open a bug to make sure you can't exit the app in a state where you can't restart it (or at least discuss the implications on a bug)

Later,
PW

--
Paul Webster