[e4-dev] GDE M20090227: supports GWT 1.6.0 M1 Now

Hi,

After the first release of GDE at the beginning of this month, I received
several feedbacks from the people in this mail list. Thanks for your
interest and help. This really inspired me and GDE move forward.

This is an update on what I have done on the GDE so far:

1. GWT 1.6.0M1 support
GWT 1.6.0 M1 released soon after my first version released, and the new
build of GDE currently can work within this version, new features supported
include:
  * Using Jetty as the web server, which starts much faster than the
previous embedded TomCat
  * Using the new project structure shipped with 1.6.0
  * New Host Browser Shell

2. GWT Product Build
Now, the product can be build by right click the production and select the
Build command. The output can be directly deployed in the web server.

Actually, I'm facing problem to implement a headless build atm. Thinking to
provide a ant task, which is similar with PDE headless build does, anybody
can give some guide on this?

If you have interesting to play with this tool, please find the link:
http://code.google.com/p/ming-gde/wiki/GDE_1_0_0_M20090227_Released for a
simple guide.

The next step:
1. Building using ant: priority is high
2. Freeze the core API of core GWT plug-in
  - First of first: GWT port of OSGi implementation, registry, extension and
extension points etc.

Please feel free to let me know if you are facing any issues to try the
latest build. I'm more than happy to answer any questions about it.

Comments, suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks,
Regards,
Dop