Re: [e4-dev] Dependency Preference and Versioning

Hi,

I don't know whether we have thought about this already but the
discussion and the conclusion that Require-Bundle is bad make it
necessary that we provide people a possibility to use import-package in
the 3.x appropriately by versioning our packages!

One can currently use import package against 3.x bundles but can't
define a version so it renders it quite senseless. I think most of the
runtime-project already version their packages but e.g. at platform-ui
bundles we don't which is bad. I'd for example like to use import
package to use the databinding libs but I need to stay with
Require-Bundle because I can't define a version.

Tom