Re: [e4-dev] Dependency Preference and Versioning

Tom Schindl wrote on 01/14/2009 12:31:32 PM:

> > Yes, whenever you move packages between bundles, the original bundle has
> > to Require-Bundle the new one and re-export it.
> >

> But this is not needed if I use Import-Package because then OSGi handles
> this for me or am I completely mistaken?

You are right, clients who use Import-Package are not affected. But since there is no way of stopping clients from using Require-Bundle to depend on your bundle, you will have to do the re-export.

All of this still feels too Java-centric to me...

Boris

Back to the top