Re: [e4-dev] XWT - Declarative UI

Hi all,

I was about to ask the same question as Tom. I've previously argued for an EMF-based "live" model, so I'm happy that you haven't "silently" decided on an XML-based one.

Just before Christmas I sent a message about an experimental EMF "toolkit model", to stimulate discussion about the properties a model should have and important design decisions. E.g. how to model input/output-values and styles, support dynamic instances, support toolkit-specific extensions, etc. I think we need such a discussion and perhaps also a comparison to Yves' design (thanks for shared the document with us, Yves!).

I haven't received any response, but perhaps getting it into the repository and build will make it seem more relevant? So instead the question is: What should I do to get my code into the repository and build?

Hallvard

P.S: Thanks for the response to the query about the perfect Eclipse-dev laptop. Every respondent argued for a Mac, so I'll go for it. I still haven't decided on the screen size (15- or 17-inch).

Back to the top