Re: [e4-dev] XWT - Declarative UI

Hi Tom,

> Does the integration of XWT into e4-repo now mean that the decision in
> which declarative syntax we expect users to define their UI is already made.

Absolutely no. In fact, I brought up this topic in the e4 call today wrt the builds.  We've seen that there are several declarative approaches and technologies of interest to the community.  They can all go into the e4 repository, and into the e4 build.

To be clear, the community should not view the existance of any particular technology in the repo/build as a defacto decision of anything, really, and specifically of it being part of a future Eclipse 4.0.  That interpretation would prematurely kill the important exploration that is going on and which I heartily encourage.

That said, working code, examples, attempts at integration, committer base, all these create momentum which influences the outcome.

Regards,
Kevin

Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/08/2009 02:17 PM

Please respond to
E4 Project developer mailing list <e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
Re: [e4-dev] XWT - Declarative UI

Hi,

Does the integration of XWT into e4-repo now mean that the decision in
which declarative syntax we expect users to define their UI is already made.

I'm going to give a spin. What are dependencies of XWT - can I run it in
3.4 or do I need 3.5? Anyways congrats Yves looking forward to work with
you on e4 declarative UI.

Tom

Kevin McGuire schrieb:

> Congrats Yves!  I will try to make some time to have a look.
>
> Kevin
>

> *yves.yang@xxxxxxxxxxx*
> Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> 01/08/2009 12:05 PM
> Please respond to
> E4 Project developer mailing list <e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> cc
>
> Subject
>                  [e4-dev] XWT - Declarative UI
>

> Hi all,
>
> Our contribution XWT on Declarative UI just get integrated in e4
> repository with the automatically build system. Thanks for the helps of
> Boris and Paul.
>
> There are three features:
>   org.eclipse.e4.xwt - runtime engine
>   org.eclipse.e4.xwt.tools - development tools, wizards and XML editor
> with instant preview
>   org.eclipse.e4.xwt.tests - unit tests
>
> You can get une archive zip from this page:
> http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/I20090107-1345/
>
> The features of XWT tools is missing in the download page (I'm sure Paul
> will fix it soon). Here the link to download it directly:
> http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/I20090107-1345/org.eclipse.e4.xwt.tools.feature-I20090107-1345.zip
>
> Of course, you can update from this URL:
> http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/I20090107-1345/repository
>
> An EMF model demo is available in e4 CVS.
>
> A PDF document can help you to understand the design:
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/images/a/ab/XWT.pdf
>
> More pedagogic example and demos will come out soon. Please feel free to
> try it out and give us your feedbacks and feature requests.
>
> Best regards
> Yves YANG
> ---
> Soyatec

B e s t S o l u t i o n . a t                        EDV Systemhaus GmbH