RE: [e4-dev] Declarative UI

Hi,

In the Sébastien’s email, HMI means GUI. Thanks for Sébastien for the feedbacks and contributions.

I think the e4 declarative UI we should think from user perspective, instead of technology’s one. From this standpoint, we should address following developers directly and indirectly:

- Component developer

   Who is SWT aware and develop re-usable components for UI domain developers and Model designers.

- UI domain developer

   Who knows high level UI concept. He/she focuses the domain application development. They need tools to UI development like Visual editor.

- Model designer

   Who knows high level UI concept. He/she focuses the domain application development from point of view of model. They need tools to generate UI from business model.

That means we should take following issues into consideration for e4 declarative UI:

-          Easy to edit directly by human (for Component developer)

-          Direct extension support for user-defined UI elements (for Component developer)

-          Possible to integrate in Visual edition tools (for UI domain developer)

-          Support code generation via template engines (for Model designer)

Of course, there are other issues like:

-          Back compatibility and integration with existing SWT application

-          Standard

-          Technology Mature

-          Other tools

Cheers