[dtp-pmc] Re: (Sub) project & committer resignation notice

Bjorn,

Sure -- but the question here is what to remain a committer on. Each DTP
subproject has a set of committers. Each DTP subproject has a CVS module
associated with it. So far, simple.

DTP has, however, two release engineering CVS modules -- o.e.d.build and
o.e.d.releng -- where feature definitions, build scripts, etc. are
stored. These specific modules are not owned by any one DTP subproject,
but rather DTP as a whole.

What I am trying to do is retain committer rights for those two CVS
modules, while shedding committer rights on modules/subprojects that I
do not intend to work on.

The final twist is that DTP has one additional committer category
"datatools" (which you can find in the portal, in addition to the
committer lists for each subproject), so I was wondering if I could
remain a committer on this "datatools" to keep access only to those two
modules.

-- John

On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 07:08 -0700, Bjorn Freeman-Benson wrote:
> John,
> You either (a) are a committer or (b) are not a committer - you can't
> be both :-)
> So which is it? Do you want to remain a committer (and have CVS write
> rights) or resign as a committer (and no write rights)?
>
> - Bjorn
>
> John Graham wrote:
> > Likewise for committer status, ... so I will resign.
> >
> > A slight complication: DTP has two CVS modules
> > (org.eclipse.datatools.build and org.eclipse.datatools.releng) that
> > are
> > not associated with a specific DTP sub-project and for which I
> > would
> > like to retain commit rights.
>
> --
> [end of message]