[dtp-dev] Developing DTP 1.5 code

Committers,

There's been some confusion about how to develop DTP 1.5 code in line with
the target environments we have adopted. Specifically, there have been a
number of cases during DTP 1.5 where the build broke due to dependencies on
either a 1.5 VM or Eclipse 3.3 being injected. Over the past couple of
weeks, these types of problems have become more common, and this is
worrying since we need clean builds with increasing frequency as the Europa
end-game proceeds.

In an attempt to explain what should be happening here, I have created the
following Wiki page:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/DTP_1.5_Development_Environment

Please let me know if there are any questions or clarifications necessary.

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.