	From: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David McKnight
	Sent: Mittwoch, 29. Juli 2009 18:12
	To: Target Management developer discussions
	Cc: Target Management developer discussions; dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
	Subject: Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] Should ISystemViewElementAdapter.showRefresh disableSystemRefreshAction?

	Hi Partick,

	I think this is a bug. RSE should be disabling the refresh action under the File menu when the adapter returns false from showRefresh().

	Please open a bug here:

	https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Target%20Management

	Thanks,
	____________________________________
	David McKnight
	Phone: 905-413-3902 , T/L: 969-3902
	Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
	Mail: D1/YFY/8200/TOR
	____________________________________

	 Patrick Tassé <patrick.tasse@xxxxxxxxx>

				Patrick Tassé <patrick.tasse@xxxxxxxxx>
				Sent by: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

				28/07/2009 04:04 PM

	Please respond to
Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[dsdp-tm-dev] Should ISystemViewElementAdapter.showRefresh disable SystemRefreshAction?

	Hi,

	I have a system resource for which I want to disable the refresh action.

	I have overridden showRefresh to return false in this resource's sytem view adapter. This removes the Refresh action from the resource's popup menu.

	However, File -> Refresh is still enabled, and the refresh can still be executed by pressing F5. Is this the intended behavior?

	I have tested a patch that queries the selected element's adapters to enable or disable the refresh action when the selection changes. It seems to do what I want, but I'm not sure if this is how it should be.

	Thanks,
	dsdp-tm-dev mailing list
	dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx