[dsdp-tm-dev] EFS support and file paths

Hi,

As you may know I'm writing a new file subsystem (#214887) for Windows
CE devices and I have some question about the EFS support. It looks that
EFS uses / for file separator while my WinCEFileService uses \. I want
to support EFS in any case, so I have to make a decision how to convert
the file separators and where.

In #218947 Martin has suggested me to use "normalized" paths
(/foo/bar/spam.txt) and to convert them to native paths in the
FileService. The disadvantage is that users will be forced to use
linux-style paths in RSE (e.g. for creating file filters) and they won't
be able to use file paths outside of RSE for 3rd party tools.

The other option is to convert the EFS paths to WinCE paths in my custom
WinCEFileServiceSubSytem. Can you point out any drawbacks of doing this?

Thanks,
Radoslav Gerganov

Back to the top