Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] problems with localFile and hostname

Hello Martin, hello David,

thank you for your answers. I guess the way Martin suggested is the right for my problem. Sorry for the confusion. I'll have a look at newConnectionWizard and PropertySet and decide what's probarbly the best for my project.

Again thanks for your helpfull comments

Christian

Christian Hohmann
SW - Engineer

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division

Oberhuber, Martin wrote:
Hello Christian,

putting your entier Web Service URL into the "hostname"
field seems wrong to me.

RSE is designed to be a framework where multiple services
(which can be contributed independently) can be registered
on a host. Therefore the meaning of "host" should really
be the host name or IP address only. Note that for this
case, converting the hostname to uppercase is not an issue, since IP is not case sensitive.

If your particular service requires more data (i.e. the
entire URL) that should be handled differently. For instance,
you could write a custom newConnectionWizard that stores
the data properly.
Or, if it is just for testing, your connectorservice or
subsystem could expose the URL as a Property in a PropertySet -- see the FTP service for how such Properties
can be handled.

Or, if you really only want to try it out for now, you
could perhaps store your URL in the "description" field
of your host and have your service read it from there.
That's certainly not the ultimate solution but should help with the current issue.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/t

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt