[dsdp-tm-dev] Re: Is it ok to copy some private method from eclipse unit test plugins?

Martin,

Thanks for the information.

Thanks,

Xuan Chen,  Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

Martin Oberhuber <martin.oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

08/01/2007 12:29 PM

Xuan Chen/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Re: Is it ok to copy some private method from eclipse unit test plugins?

Hi Xuan,

as we are licensing the new unit tests under EPL, it is perfectly OK to
copy & paste any other code that is also licensed under EPL. Since
everything in all Eclipse Projects is EPL, you can just go and take the
code.

Please do remember, though, that the original author still has the
rights on the code and just licenses it to us. Therefore, we need to do
a minimal bit of record keeping: In the comments of your file, you
should mention where you took the code from.

As an example of how I've done that record keeping when copying EPL
stuff from somewhere else, see
  ISshConstants.java  (assembled parts of a class)
  KeyboardInteractiveDialog.java  (took a whole class and copied it)
  SshConnectorService#createSession()  (took a few methods from another
class)
      Note how this is documented with the 2 methods as well as the
copyright header

Note how I took the original copyright comment (C) IBM 2000,2007 and
added my line at the end
("copied and adapted from team.cvs.ui")

Cheers
Martin