Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] RE: Using the terminal in an RCP

Hmm... why do you define your own view, referring to an "internal" class?
The plugin.xml of org.eclipse.tm.terminal.view already defines a view.
Doing what you do, you'll end up with TWO terminal views.
And you should avoid using classes which are in "internal" packages.
it should be sufficient for you to do

viewFolder.addView("org.eclipse.tm.terminal.view.TerminalView");

The line number (TerminalView:435) from your traceback is not helpful for me,
since I don't know what exact version of TerminalView you have. In HEAD,
this is in setupActions() and not in setupMenus().

If my advice above doesn't help, I'd recommend you try and debug this yourself.
It should not be too hard.

Cheers
Martin

Schnaubelt, Gabe T schrieb:
Attached is my .log file.

What I did is create an extension in my RCP pointing to the TerminalView
class:
      <view
            class="org.eclipse.tm.internal.terminal.view.TerminalView"
            id="org.eclipse.tm.terminal.TerminalView"
            name="Terminal View">
      </view>

Then, in my Perspective class I add this view by using the id:
	viewFolder.addView("org.eclipse.tm.terminal.TerminalView");

The NullPointer exception I'm getting is in
org.eclipse.tm.internal.terminal.view.TerminalView.setupMenus().

Thanks, Gabe

--
Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.