From: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Oberhuber, Martin
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 7:36 AM
To: Target Management developer discussions
Subject: RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] RE: Using the terminal in an RCP

Hello Gabe,

based on your information, it is hard to tell what
the problem is. So here is some general advice:

* In order to get started, it might be easier for
  you to load the source of the terminal plugins
  into your workspace from CVS. This allows
  easier debugging. Load the terminal-anonymous.psf
  project set from
  http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/cvs_setup.php

* Then debug your appliation out of Eclipse PDE.
  Choose Run > Java Exception Breakpoint and set a
  breakpoint on NullPointerException. You should see
  where it actually fails.

* If you don't get any further yourself, you could try
  sending the exception backtrace to this list. If you
  have a Workspace (don't know if you have), then you
  should find it in workspace/.metadata/.log

* I'm not sure if I understand right what you mean by
  "created a view extension pointing to". Adding the
  Terminal View to your perspective by reference should
  suffice.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber