RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] Request: Guide to connect MIPS/ RISC using TM

Hello Gurumoorthy,

Whether you need a new interface or not depends on what you want to do
with your target. We have existing interfaces below Iservice:
IFileService, IProcessService, IShellService. If you want to do
something else you'd define your own Subsystem and / or Service. See the
"Developer Subsystem" Tutorial from the Programmer's documentation.

With respect to connecting targets without OS, it depends on the
subsystems and connectorservice that you implement yourself, whether you
can do it. TM itself is a framework for developing new kinds of
connections. We don't bring a connectiontype for OS-less connections out
of the box, since such connections are typically vendor specific.

To give you a concrete example of what can be done, Wind River is
commercially implementing a "WR Debugger Subsystem" (impl of RSE
ISubSystem) which can connect to multiple kinds of backend including
VxWorks agent, Linux usermode-agent, Generic gdbserver (can be OS or
OS-less) and Wind River ICE targets (without any OS).

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.