[dsdp-tm-dev] Your latest changes on FTPService

Hi Javier,

before I release the Mapfile for todays I-build, I reviewed
all changes that happened yesterday, and I have a few questions
regarding your changes on FTPService:

* In org.eclipse.rse.services.files.ftp/Manifest.mf,
  you added a dependency to Eclipse UI code (ui.console, jface).
  I consider this very problematic since we want to keep the
  "services" layer UI-less. This is important in order to make
  sure that headless (UI-less) clients can use the services.
  Please try to get rid of this UI dependency.

  The right solution for this might be that the consoleOutputStream
  is created in subsystems.files.ftp, and stored into the FTPservice
  when it is connected (e.g. FTPService.setLoggingStream())

  Eventually, it might be a good idea to make logging part of API
  so we define IService.setLoggingStream() -- but I guess we'll
  need to think about this further.

* FTPHostFile and FTPService used to compile without warnings,
  but now I see warnings in them - mostly missing $NON-NLS-1$ tags.

  I know that the compiler warnings page at
  http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/compiler_warnings.php
  currently recommends "Ignore" for the $NON-NLS-1$ tags in most
  of RSE since it would overflood the log.

  But for FTP, which used to be warning free, I think its a pity
  to lose that. Can you please adjust your warning settings to
  enable Warn on NON-NLS-1 and fix these?

Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm