From: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Spear, Aaron
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 2:23 PM
To: Target Management developer discussions
Subject: RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] WR Boardfile Descriptions

Martin et al,

A while back you posted this, and I would like to pick the discussion
back up.  Is this a topic that others would like to discuss at the TM
meeting in Toronto?  I have had the intention since you originally
posted of contributing documentation and some samples of the target
definition files we use as food for thought as well.  I will try and
post them in the next week or sp.  I have personally spent many mind
numbing hours transcribing data sheets that someone at the semi's spent
many mind numbing hours creating, and would really like to see something
happen. (anything! please!)

Are there any hardware folks on this thread that can speak to the
existence of relevant standards in the EDA world?  I am sure they have
standards for specifying to the N'th degree what sorts of access and
timing restrictions there are for a memory mapped peripheral for
example, but are there "system level" hardware descriptions that would
could fit the needs of debugger vendors? (or could be extended)

Information such as:
-cores on a target, scan chain id's etc
-native registers in the core (access restrictions, sizes, processor
modes that they are visible in, etc) -address spaces -memory maps for
those address spaces (access restrictions on given regions, e.g. flash
versus RAM) -memory mapped peripherals (location in memory space,
registers it
contains)
etc

regards,