From: dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Oberhuber, Martin
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 2:13 PM
To: DSDP PMC list
Subject: RE: [dsdp-pmc] Scope change proposal for DSDP/TML

Hi all,

I like the idea a lot. In fact TmL has been talking about being "not
only linux" for quite some time, so moving to TFM is a logical step. Go
for it!

Regarding the proposal, some observations:
1. Christian is titled "Pulsar Project Lead" on the title,
   but Pulsar is not a project.
2. Page 4 talks about Pulsar deliverables, but Pulsar is
   not a project.
3. Why is the doc so long? What about putting the most
   important info first, and then back it up by some
   in depth facts (similar to what earnings reports or
   press releases do: fact first, then "about TmL..."
   I hated having to read everything until I got what the
   proposal was about. Lots of information did not seem
   relevant to me, e.g. what Motorola staff is planning
   to do with Android is not necessarily relevant here.
   There is enough reason to argue for TFM even without
   that. Try to be lean and eliminate waste in the proposal.
4. On the other hand, I was missing info about what other
   TmL contributors (Montavista, ...) think about the
   proposal. Do they even know? They should...
5. Why does the 2009-10 roadmap still talk about TmL
   when it is scheduled to become TFM.
6. I don't understand why you would prefix packages
   with .tml -- this is an ingredient to confusion
   moving forward. Paricularly the vncviewer is not
   linux specific and never was, so why the prefix?
7. Would you consider TFM horizontal or vertical? Is
   there potential for moving stuff like vncviewer or
   protocol framework into ECF, or at least aligning
   with ECF?

I would like to forward the Proposal to Bob Frankel, who is leading the
D-Pack proposal, since there seems to be some overlap between D-Pack and
the Pulsar p2 work. Can I forward the proposal or is it still
confidential?

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River Target
Management Project Lead, DSDP PMC Member http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm