[dsdp-pmc] eRCP setup (was: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Minutes from Thursday's call)

Hi Ed, Mark, Gorkem,

thanks for the feedback about eRCP. I'm forwarding this
to the  eRCP project leadds and the dsdp-pmc.

Did you ever talk to the eRCP people directly?

I think I was in the same boat as you not understanding
how to set up eRCP, until I met Mark Rogalski at EclipseCon
last year. In fact, it was only one tiny bit of information
that helped me get set up:

  1.) Download the eRCP Windows packag. It's self-contained
      and will run out of the box (e.g. to try examples)
  2.) For development, simply set your "Target Platform"
      to your eRCP installation.

That worked for me at that time, not sure whether it's still
true for recent eRCP releases. Mark and Gorkem, I wonder
whether you'd find a nice place for that sort of information
on your homepage or Wiki?

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm